Ways to cut down on false alarms in Augusta
False alarms can be a legitimate problem for your home’s security. They not only erode the trust you have in your equipment, but they may be a burden on your time and pocketbook. Thankfully, you are able to do a few things to minimize false alarms from your Augusta security system.
To begin, make sure that your devices installed as intended. This might appear to be a no-brainer, but it’s common that basic mistakes result in false alarms. Next, watch out for likely causes of false alarms, including a back door that might be left ajar mistakenly. And of course, feel free to integrate the many features like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Augusta.
Is it really that straightforward? Read on and discover for yourself.
Can you stop false alarms in Augusta?
Like diagnosing any problem, the first thing to do is read the manual. Ensure all devices are installed correctly on your end by:
- Executing a system analysis with your smart hub.
- Manually inspect each component to be certain it didn't get knocked out of place or need a new battery.
- Check your preset schedules to be certain that your alarms aren’t arming at inopportune times.
- Be certain that all integrated smart implements are configured properly and aren't conflicting with your alarms.
Contact your Vivint agent if you continue to have trouble cutting down false alarms in your Augusta system. They'll gladly send out a trained expert to inspect your setup.
Check your windows and doors
In the event your installation checks out alright, the subsequent course of action is to do an investigation of your residence. Are all your doors and widows closed tightly, or might there be a few inadvertently cracked? If an access point remains unsecured, it could activate an activated sensor. In the event your clan constantly forgets to close a door, you can implement a smart lock that locks automatically when the alarm goes live. Unfortunately, windows need extra hands-on attention, mainly if you have someone who likes to sleep with a window cracked. Fortunately, your Vivint home security system makes it a breeze to deactivate that sensor while still guarding the remainder of the house.
Smart home automation tends to be a great technique to cut down on false alarms in Augusta
One of the smartest techniques to reduce the chance of false alarms is to integrate home automation into your alarm system. By using your security app, you can:
- Program a schedule to turn off the alarm when you are home and avert false alarms caused by mistakenly unlocking a door or window. Then have it automatically set again after dark as you prepare for bed.
- Have your system disengage when your smart front door lock is initiated with the proper PIN.
- Utilize geotracking to arm the alarm when you depart the driveway, then disarm when you arrive home for the day.
- Get cell phone notifications when your components detect abnormal activity or have need of a battery change.
- Link your system to Alexa or Google Home, so you can turn your system on or off without the smartphone app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Augusta by switching to a Vivint smart home
Greater command over your home security results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To build your Vivint smart home, contact (706) 780-3805 or send in the form on this page.