Helpful safety tips for new homeowners in Augusta
If you just bought your first home or you’re approaching the date to close, congratulations! It’s a thrilling time for you and yours. You might be pondering the many ways you should individualize your house with furnishings, paint, and decor. But, before you get too caught up in home improvements, be sure you examine home security as well. Keeping those you care about safeguarded should always be a point of emphasis, and we’ll show you how with our safety tips for new homeowners in Augusta.
Complete a safety review of your new Augusta property
Now that you’re contemplating safety, see what your new home has in terms of protection. To start, make sure you have operational fire alarms. Try every one and switch out batteries if required. Do you have carbon monoxide detectors? Did you find a water sensor in the cellar? This is also a smart time to replace door locks and check all locking mechanisms on windows. Go through each room and get to know your new house.
Smart security tips for your Augusta home
Once you’ve done your opening check of safety devices and locking systems, you may look into enhancing your protection. Get started with these security tips for your home in Augusta.
- Install a modern home security system. One of the top things a new homeowner in Augusta can do is integrate a home security system. Modern wireless advancements let you keep a close watch on your property even when you’re at the office or on vacation. You are able to review real-time video feeds, control locking systems, and even speak with visitors on your front steps straight from your smartphone. You can customize with amazing security implements such as video cameras and monitored fire alarms.
- Modernize your outdoor lighting. Exterior lights with motion detection are an effective approach in discouraging prospective invaders. You might even use them in conjunction with video cameras. When a motion sensor is tripped, it can tell your video equipment to record.
- Keep your premises maintained. Are you able to easily see all of your property through your windows? Are there large bushes and trees impeeding the view? Eliminate potential places to hide by keeping your yard well maintained. Your neighbors will appreciate it also.
- Meet people in your community. Talking about your neighbors, get acquainted with them. If you know people close to you, there’s a greater chance they’ll inform you if they detect suspicious behavior. You might also join your neighborhood’s social media group if one is established.
- Take advantage of home automation. If you install an advanced smart home, you can make it look like you’re on site by activating smart lighting at programmed times. This is a fantastic tool when you’re at work or on vacation.