How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Augusta smart home
At the center of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a single unified system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in total control of your Augusta home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of how it can benefit you and find suggestions to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Augusta do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to components through radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You can disarm or arm your system, program lights, set the temperature, and more. When incorporating a doorbell camera, you may even talk to visitors at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub has a backup battery and built-in cellular connectivity to ensure reliable performance. It also provides convenient remote access and control through the Vivint smartphone app.
Here are some of the tasks you can perform:
- Review current or saved footage from any linked cameras
- Arm and disarm your home’s security
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Modify your thermostat’s temperature
- Talk directly to monitoring agents
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Augusta by setting schedules or creating rules. To illustrate, you might have your smart thermostat adjust automatically each night at a certain time. Or, you can set rules like having your front door unlock if the smoke detector goes off.
Steps for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll have to know how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s easy - just abide by these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will be inside your home and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be away, and everything in your home will arm.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
You’ll notice a message if something is preventing the system from arming. For example, an open window will prompt you to take action. It’s worth noting that you are still able to arm the security system by following the steps above. You will then confirm you wish to circumvent the sensor that isn’t engaged.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Augusta
Even though various users can be entered when your system is installed, you may want to add an additional user down the road. Here’s how to do it.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” type in the the name you want to use, and tap the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote capability, choose email or phone and provide the information to deliver an invite.
- Hit Next and then establish a PIN for the new user.
- To remove a user, just go to the menu, tap users, pick the user you would like to remove, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take command of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-operate touchscreen console? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Augusta smart home. Contact (706) 780-3805 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.